Optical Astronomy in the Multi-Messenger Era
5-8 September 2022, Fascia (GE), Italy
The school, organised by the Department of Physics of the University of Genova, Italy, within the ‘Dipartimenti di Eccellenza MIUR’ project, is primarily aimed at Ph.D students interested in optical astronomy. The lectures will cover:
- science with optical telescopes in the multi-messenger era, with examples from ongoing and future experiments and links to multi-disciplinary topics,
- hardware and software for optical telescopes,
- a practical hands-on session with a 80-cm robotic telescope, featuring joint observations with other telescopes throughout Italy.
A flash-talk session, where all participants will have the chance to show their work, will also take place.
The full list of teachers and the detailed program will be provided as soon as possible. Confirmed lecturers so far:
- Giacomo Bonnoli, INAF-Osservatorio di Brera
- Lorenzo Cabona, INAF-Osservatorio di Brera
- Alessio Caminata, INFN-Sezione di Genova
- Paola Cianfarra, University of Genova
- Stefano Covino, INAF-Osservatorio di Brera
- Marco Landoni, INAF-Osservatorio di Brera
- Marina Manganaro, University of Rijeka
- Marco Raveri, University of Genova
- Davide Ricci, INAF-Osservatorio di Padova
The venue is the Regional Astronomical Observatory of the Antola Park, in Fascia (GE), Italy. The school will take place during the period 05-08 September 2022.
On the first day, students will gather at the Department of Physics of the University of Genova, easily reachable with public transportation: transportation to and from the Observatory will be organised by the school.
Students will be accommodated for 3 nights at the hotel Casa del Romano which is just 100 m away from the Observatory.
All expenses (full accommodation in double rooms, including breakfasts, lunches and dinners, and transportation from Genova to the observatory and viceversa) are covered by the Department of Physics of Genova. Students must only organise autonomously their trip to Genova.
The application deadline is June 20th, 2022. Notice that we will be able to accept around 15 participants only, in order to be compliant with the room capacity of the hotel and to guarantee profitable hands-on sessions at the telescope.
To apply, please download and fill in the registration form and send it, along with a brief CV and motivation letter, to email@example.com. Registration will be acknowledged by an e-mail, and confirmation of acceptance will be provided soon after the deadline.
The scientific and local organizing committee is composed by
- Ma Del Carmen Ayala Loera, Academia Sinica, Taiwan
- Gianangelo Bracco, Università di Genova, Italy
- Enzo Branchini, Università di Genova, Italy
- Lorenzo Cabona, INAF-Osservatorio di Brera, Italy
- Alba Domi, University of Amsterdam, the Netherlands
- Elina Lindfors, University of Turku, Finland
- Davide Ricci, INAF-Osservatorio di Padova, Italy
- Chiara Righi, INAF-Osservatorio di Brera, Italy
- Silvano Tosi, Università di Genova, Italy
- Sandro Zappatore, Università di Genova, Italy
For any question, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org